If you ask me,”Does it really take ten mins?”
I would sit back, relax and say “Yes, it does!” And its ready in no time :)
I made the ‘lil one time it while I pinned and sewed. So I know :)
What you need:
Fabric for cushion cover 16.5″ X 36″
1. Take your cushion and check its size. Mine was 16X16 inches and that’s the size I will go with for the covers. It would fit snugly.
Cut the fabric 16.5″ X 36″. You can tweak it according to the size of your cushion. This is how you calculate. The height of the cushion + 0.5″ as you will sew on top and bottom with 1/4th inch seam.
The length of the fabric needs to cover the front and back of the cushion(16″X2=32″) and then double broad fold on each side(another 2.5″). Rest would be the overlap.
2. Ford the fabric in half. Mark the center and pin at 8″ on either side. This will be 16″ wide and form the front of your cushion/pillow. It will work as a guide for you while folding and sewing.
3. Pin and fold the shorter sides of the fabric inside, as shown in the picture below.
4. When you fold the fabric inwards (like a C tissue fold), you will see that it overlaps. This is fine. As the pillow is puffed up, this will prevent the rear of the inner pillow form revealing itself.
5. Now turn it inside out and sew the top and bottom of the cushion.
6. Turn out and iron.