Its my turn at Shruti’s blog for the Know they machine blog hop series. She is not just my teacher in the blogging world but also a constant source of Inspiration. Its a proud privilege to be participating in a blog hop hosted by the talented girl !
Here is my machine …
Now lets make way for the questions:
1. What machine(s) do you have? Brand and Model.
I have a Huskvarna Viking–HV E20, truly a P-R-I-Z-E-D possession…I won it as a prize🙂
2. When and where did you buy it? What were the reasons for selecting this(these) particular model(s). What was its approximate cost.
I had been to the second IMQG(India Modern Quilt Guild) meet in Mumbai and won a second prize in the mini quilt competition. It costs around Rs13000, which is $250. When I saw the various models from HV, I had secretly hoped to buy this model, which was well within my budget and has the basic features that I wanted in my sewing machine.
3. What do you like about your machine? Have you named it? Have you made a cover for it?
I have named my machine and me ‘The dream team’…I dream and it helps me convert them to reality. Between the conception and creation, falls no shadow:)
I would love to make it a cover, but have been indecisive about how and what colour to make it. It is still in WIP mode.
4. Does your machine give you any problems? Could you tell us a few?
The machine is hardly a few months old so I haven’t seen any problems…too early I guess. However, sometimes the upper thread tension is higher than the lower thread tension so the bobbin thread shows on top of the fabric. However, just removing both threads and putting them back has worked wonderfully well until now.
5. What do you sew on it mainly? Quilts, Clothes, Bags etc. How much time do you spend sewing on it? What are the features of the machine that help you improve your work?
I sew pretty much everything on it from mug rugs to pouches to bags to quilts and everything in-between including mending kids clothes. FMQ option is great and so are teh various stitches available on it.
6. What advice would you give others when deciding about which machine to buy?
Two simple points, features that you need and price commiserate to that. Nothing else matters🙂
7. Will you share with us a special memory associated with your machine?
ha ha ha
You got me at that Shruti! Its definitely the moment I won it as a prize. It was beyond belief.
8. If you had unlimited resources in the world, which machine would you choose to buy and why?
I would like a machine where I could quilt large quilts without having to roll them and pull them and twist them around doing FMQ…maybe even one that does fancy embroidery.
Thanks a ton to Shruti for rolling this out . What fun !