A finance professional by day and a quilter by night…more so, the weekend! I am Sonalee(Leena), popularly known as Lee in the quilting circles, a hobby quilter from Mumbai-India who is one of the founding members of the first FB community in India on quilting.I currently run the ‘India Quilt Guild’ on facebook, a ~1000 member quilting community that believes in learning and growing together. My own page on fb is CreativeInstincts.This is my blog which started on a whim, and soon became a smorgasbord of my quilting escapades over the years.
From being a novice to making portrait quilts, from being scared of bags to winning the Bernina lunch bag contest…I have taken baby steps towards progress! Each day I am humbled by the immense generosity of the quilting world and the amount of good quality work that I see around on social media and otherwise. This is what keeps me going.
- Participated in India International Quilt Festival 2021( page 13)
- Group Quilt at the Jehangir Art Gallery – 2019
- Participated in India International Quilt Festival 2019
- Attended Quiltcon 2017 -Savannah (Georgia-USA)
- Third Prize in Bernina Lunch Bag Contest 2016
- Second Prize in Huskvarna Viking Quilt Contest 2012